The American Liver Foundation is a national voluntary health agency dedicated to promoting liver wellness and to preventing, treating and curing hepatitis and other liver diseases through research, education, and advocacy.
ALF achieves their mission through a variety of initiatives and programs in the areas of education, advocacy and research, including:
- promoting the importance of having a healthy liver;
- promoting a better understanding of liver disease;
- supporting initiatives and programs designed to improve the prevention, treatment and cure of hepatitis and other liver diseases;
- advocating for increased funding into liver disease research; and
- attracting bright scientists and physicians into a career fighting liver disease.