Caring Conversations was developed by the Center for Practical Bioethics as a consumer education initiative to help individuals and their families share meaningful conversation while making practical preparations for end-of-life decisions. It is designed to guide you, your family and friends through the process of advance care planning.
Caring Conversations is endorsed by the National Hospice and Palliative Care Association and is a recommended resource by AARP and Bill Moyers’ outreach materials for his PBS series, On Our Own Terms.
The goals of Caring Conversations:
- To shift the focus of advance care planning to include conversations with family and friends
- To provide community education
- To educate healthcare providers who participate in advance care planning
- To help families advocate on behalf of those who can no longer speak for themselves
- To ensure that the wishes of those near the end of life are honored
A 16 page workbook is available to individuals free online. Also available is a speakers training program; 2 videos; facilitator’s notebook and four-hour workshop with the entire toolkit available for $250. Millions of copies of the 16 page workbook have been distributed across the US and it is a great tool for personal use in advance care planning.